idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Man survives 24 day hibernation

Yes, that's right, Mitsutaka Uchikoshi went missing about 3 weeks ago after tripping while taking a walk through a remote region of Rokko mountain in Japan during a barbecue.

His organs began to shut down and his body temperature dropped to 71 degrees (normal being around 98.6). He then slept for 3 weeks without ingesting food or water. After being found he was treated for severe hypothermia, blood loss and multiple organ failure possibly due to the fall he took.

"On the second day, the sun was out, I was in a field, and I felt very comfortable. That's my last memory," Uchikoshi, 35, told reporters Tuesday before returning home from hospital. "I must have fallen asleep after that."

Doctors are expecting a full recovery and no brain damage which is truly amazing.

I know it's grim, but I'm curious how many days he could have made it before kicking the bucket.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home