idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Blizzard works with Make a Wish

I usually don't post "sad" stories here as beneath my rugged exterior (see: pale skinny geek) I'm actually a kitten, and sad stories make me weep like a girl doing the walk of shame. But this wasn't a story I could pass up.

Ezra Chatterton, a 5th grader recently diagnosed with a life threatening brain tumor (whose house also burned down) has found his escape from the rather painful and hard to swallow world through Blizzard's World of Warcraft. Him and his dad have been playing for a bit now and have really bonded through the game's world where Ezra can be anything he want, namely not a boy in a dying shell.

The Make a Wish organization contacted Ezra and asked what he would like to do. His choice? Simple, he wanted to go to Blizzard and check out all the things they have there.

Blizzard being the goodly folk they are (see: rolling in the moolah and in turn keen towards acts of charity) had him come to their studio. He got to make special gear, a new quest (for which he recorded the VO himself), and thoroughly pimp his character.

Ezra commented later,
If Blizzard is listening, I'd like to say thank you for everything you've done for my character to make him so good. I want to thank them for making the quest of the lost dog and the Old Rancher and all the stuff they gave us.
They'll get the message man, and they know. Let me know what server you're on, we'll go hunt some Alliance. oo wait, you're Alliance? Ok, well then I'm liable to get killed then aren't I?

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home