idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bioshock Explodin' PC's

With the release of the much anticipated Art-Deco SciFi FPS, PC users are finding out how exciting the action really is. So exciting that it can cause everything from system crashes and hard reboots, to frying important computer circuits like this one Kotaku reader.
I was about 15 minutes into it, having very much enjoyed what I had seen so far, when I came upon the first Big Daddy encounter. I watch in rapt attention as he charges a splicer when suddenly BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. It sounds as though a string of firecrackers has been detonated in my computer case, as well as each BOOM being punctuated with a bright blue flash coming through the case window.

For about half a second I sit there stunned. The first thought in my mind is "Holy Fucking Shit, that is the greatest effect I've ever seen. They should have given this game an 11." Immediately following this a sickening realization dawns on me as I look over at my tower. Blue Smoke! The magic blue smoke that makes electronics work is escaping from my PC.

What follows is a 30 second vaudeville act of me simultaneously cursing, falling as I try to leap out of my chair, and finally ripping the power cord from the wall. But the blue smoke was already out, and the smell of ozone in the air told me the bitter truth. Bioshock had fried my computer from the inside and blown the capacitors.
Haha, that was fantastic. Magic Blue Smoke. Indeed. Well, I'll continue to play Bioshock on my XBOX360 since that doesn't need a game to destroy itself, they do that on their own.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home