idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

No More Wii Jokes?

According to David Yarnton, Nintendo's UK Chief, the buzz (see: Childish School-Ground Insults) over the name of their new system the Wii (pronounced Wee) has died down and people are beginning to talk more about the inventive system that it is as opposed to focusing on how it's named after what we do in the bathroom every day.

Sure, I'm no longer a child, and I understand that I should be able to diregard such a blatant joke, I mean, it's not even challenging. But you have to assume that the marketting department at Nintendo would have gotten a slight giggle out of this one, and despite that said, "no, no, this is definitely the name, THE name, it pops, it has pizzaz, I need to go use the little boy's room."

So all of you can laugh at the name, but I'll be in my living room this fall with one hand on my nunchaku playing tennis on my Wii.

Full Article Here

\\drew

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home