idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Kinda slick 3d desktop

There's a new product on the way called BumpTop, a 3d virtual desktop for your desktop computer. Who needs Windows? We've got magazines to toss around on a 3d surface, I want my Guild Wars icon to tax my ram as it calculates appropriate physics when I toss it across the table.


Now, while this seems cool and all, I wonder if these guys have seen my desk at work? Most likely not. Well let's put it subtley... It's a disaster zone, if families lived on it the children would cry since Mommy and Daddy have been crushed underneath a couple of level sketches and my Voltron action figure tipped over.

The last thing I need to do is to have an untidy virtual desktop as well. My work comp is one of the few places I'm actually organized. This looks cool in concept, but I can't see it being more effect that a standard clutter-free desktop.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home