idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Never ceases to amaze me

Ok, so we've seem the rather sexually viral advertising from Japan recently (see: Pussy Sells Playstations, etc..), but this one just baffles me... I just don't get it.

I mean, she's there in a bikini, standing in front of an arcade with a Konami sign behind her.
Sure, ok, we've seen this before, this is in my comfort zone. There's a bunch of horny Japanese reports and voyeurs taking photos because hey, why not?

Again, this makes sense to me, I'm at one with the universe. But then they throw this in... that's right, she's eating a squid.

What the hell does that have to do with sex and video games? It hurts my brain and as such I am thrust from my comfort zone ans the Japanese continue to surprise me yet again, just when I thought I had those cooky bastards figured out.

I mean sure, for anyone who's booted up some sordid "anime" (see: hentai) knows that squids have tentacles, and tentacles can be pretty hot at times, but eating a raw squid doesn't really seem to fit that nitch fetish like La Blue Girl does.

Ah well, it's kinda neat regardless, so I'll just smile and nod.

More images on flickr after the jump.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home