idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Kotaku delivers a scary view of the future

So I was bumping over to Kotaku this morning when I saw this picture in the "Only in Japan" section of the site.

Damn, this is absolutely appalling. This fine young fellow is apparently plugging a store to anime and gaming geeks in Akihabara Japan. Now, call me a traditionalist, but if a company wants me to go to their store they should do it the old fashion way, with girls in maid outfits obviously.

Kotaku writer Michael Mcwhertor says that my preferred method of retail dissemination is a dime a dozen and that people over there become disensitized to the glory of it. The day I can't look at a 17 year old asian girl dressed up like a nurse and think, "booya! time to shop for video games", is the day I realize it's time to end it all.

Full Kotaku article here

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home