idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Monday, January 29, 2007

PSP Firmware Downgrader Now Accepting Applications

For those PSP owners out there, a good portion have a mind wrenchingly painful story about how they popped in a new game and accidentally updated their system's firmware to (insert number higher than 1.5).

Time and time again those clever internet patrons have found ways to "downgrade" the system to once again allow the beauty that is homebrew *cough* and pirated games *cough*. Until recently however this progress has been stifled by more persistent upgrading and anti-theft measures taken by Sony.

But now thanks to Noobz, there is a reliable 3.03 Firmware downgrader that will roll your PSP back to a nice, sleek, and sexy 1.5.

Check out the link here.

See, I've personally always been a fan of purchasing my software when I have consoles. I'm odd though, it just feel right if I don't have the box. Something about the disc/cartridge, the shiny plastic case, and instruction booklet make all the issues of money spent fade into nothing.

Now on the other hand, I whole heartedly endorse homebrew games and it boggles my mind to think that Sony doesn't. Last time I checked the PSP wasn't selling overly well. (see: pales in comparison to the DS) Sony should do whatever is necessary to bolster the consumer's interest in their system. Homebrew encourages online community formation which increases interest which is turn boosts sales. It doesn't seem that hard to understand. Maybe I'm just crazy...

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home