idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Eidos signs up with Steam

In a recent press release Steam has announced that Eidos, developer of such titles as the illustrious Tomb Raider series, Hitman, and Commandos have joined forces to release many of their classic titles via Steam's web-based distribution system.

Now angsty 14 year old boys who haven't figured out how to download torrents can get their yaya's by downloading electronic Lara Croft boobies anywhere they are assuming they can jack in.

As a note to these 14 year old boys. Play Tomb Raider 1, it was a good game, ignore the rest. If you really think that higher poly jumblies will make the difference contemplate biting on a horse bit while smashing yourself in the Good 'Ol Boys will a ball peen hammer, the gameplay here is about as enjoyable as playing Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, and my proposed activity is cheaper. Well... actually maybe not, the price on that game has certainly plummeted and ball peen hammers are useful.

All in all though I think this is pretty slick. I'm a big fan of digital distribution and more companies should embrace the ideology. Though I will admit ripping into a freshly packed new video game is riveting. It's like I'm 9 again on Christmas morning only Daddy isn't yelling at Mommy and my sister isn't crying that she got a board with a nail in it.

Ok, so my childhood was nothing like that, and I don't have a sister, but damn I love my memories.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home