idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

MSNBC runs an interesting Live Vote

So, if you get your news at MSNBC you may want to convert to something like the BBC, as frankly, I can't believe they ran this mass-market appeal Vote to the internet masses. A vote that has no real value at all outside of feeding the viral frenzy of everyone's favorite Texas Ranger.

As an aside, my great grandfather was a Texas Ranger, and he did no round housing of evil-doers.

The actual article the vote was based on is actually fairly interesting, as it deals with non-mythical war masters, namely Ninjas and Monks.

My take on that debate? Well, while I enjoy the combative stylings of ninjas, most of that is as mythical as Chuck Norris. Sure I wouldn't want to me an angry ninja in a back alley, but I also wouldn't want to meet Chuck Norris in a back alley, he'd probably hit me up for cash to buy some smokes and a cheap prostitute. Monks however have lit themselves on fire. That's pretty hardcore. Then there was the sect of Monk that would self-mummify themselves by eat tree bark. I don't know about you, but the attunement between body and spirit is much more scary than a guy with a kama. Atleast you know what to expect from the kama.

Full Article Here
Random Live Vote Here

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home