idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Blu-ray format blowing away HD in Europe

Recent tallies have shown that the Blu-ray format is outselling HDDVD in Europe, accounting for 73 percent of total High Definition movie sales.

I was actually surprised by this. Before the numbers started rolling in I assumed that any Sony backed media would end up floundering (see: UMD), but apparently that's not the case anymore.

In turn I'd like to publicly apologize to Sony, I was wrong, well played. In all honesty though I'm glad seeing as how I don't have an HDDVD player but I do have a Blu-ray player, which means that if sales continue to follow the current trend I will be able to play most new movies.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home