idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pac-Man, Best of!

An article over on Racketboy.com looks into the world of pac-man and attempts to rate the top PM clones and spin-offs.

All in all the article is pretty thorough, with it's top two being mine, which obviously means this guy knows what he's talking about.

At the top of the list we have Pac-Man Championship Edition for XBOX Live. The game's fantastic, it combines the best of the old with the new. For any pac-man fan not capable of getting a slick (see: ancient) copy of Ms. Pac-Man should add this title to their collection.

Only slightly below this rendition is Pac-Man Vs. for the Nintendo Gamecube. The concept behind this game involves marketing on the failed Nintendo concept of "connectivity" between their handhelds and consoles. Me? I loved the idea. I'm using my GBA SP playing a game of Pac-Man, only the AI aren't horrible, they are my friends sitting next to me playing the game on the Game Cube. Their vision is limited making it harder for them to find me, whereas on my screen I am playing the standard game with full vision. If I get eaten play passes to the ghost who caught me, who then becomes the Pac-Man.

The document then goes on to discuss other titles which are have varying levels of merit, including Pac The Man X, a pretty polished title for Mac OS.

Check it out!

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home