idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Friday, May 30, 2008

New Super Robot Taisen is less "Robot"

I am a large fan of the Super Robot Taisen series by Banpresto as it allowed me to customize large stompy mecha and battle other robots in a strategy RPG style.

This new game seems to be lacking somewhat in the robots however, putting more emphasis on high quality sprite animations on their busty female characters.

Overall I'm still biting at the bit hoping this one hits American shores and in turn a friendly localized version, but I won't hold my breath. The quality of the animation is pretty slick and I'm an anime fanboy and will accept the lack of real robots for another good RPG, but man, if they had spent as much time on the robots as they did on making sprite boobs jiggle this would be a mecha game for the ages. Instead it's an anime game not intended for all ages.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home