idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Microsoft bailing on Backwards Compatibility?

New interviews with Moore concerning XBOX360 have dredged up 2 new takes on the system. For one, they are looking into increasing the size of the 360 harddrive. Secondly, they are apparently shucking some of their previous claims on backwards compatibility with the original XBOX.

Moore seemed to have spoke as though they've done so much (a few hundred games set up to run on the new system), and we as players should be perfectly satisfied with what we have received. Personally I hate it when companies tell us, the consumer, what we want. I know what I want, and frankly I highly doubt a random CEO does. I personally love backwards compatibility, a large push as to why I love Sony systems (loads up Final Fantasy Tactics on his PS2).

While I think this is a flawed move on Microsoft's part, I don't think it will matter however on the large scale simply because of the huge difference in price between them and Sony. But perhaps it will be a point which sets the XBOX360 back in the running giving the Wii more appeal.

Full Article Here

\\drew

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home