idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

You too can have 16 button presses a second!

So for those that don't know, the big beluga in this video (not the woman) is none other than Takahashi Meijin, poster boy for Hudson Soft, the Japanese development minds behind "Takahashi Meijin no Bouken Jima" (our Adventure Island). Oh yeah, he was also one of the most famous gamers in Japan during the 80's, and he can click the A button 16 times a second. Take that button mashing, this dude's got it covered.
This video is a Nintendo sponsored training video on how to excersize your hands to be a better gamer. I don't know, but last time I checked I really dislike excersize, and, for that matter, anything that sounds like excersize. I think I became a gamer/designer soley to avoid as much physical activity as possible. Why would I want to curtail my life to have to do finger moves in order to play my games better? I'll just drop the fighting games and only play RPG's, those don't require quick movements. Zing being lazy!

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home