idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Sony exec possibly inferring further jumping of the shark

So, as I've discussed here countless times before, Sony really seems to be hurting themselves with their nasty price point for the PS3.

But now after an interview with Kaz Hirai, president of Sony Computer Entertainment of America, it seems likely that Sony will be sticking it to their potential customers again by charging a higher rate for the actual games than their competitor XBOX360.

"Generally speaking, over the past twelve years or so, there has been a consumer expectation that disc based games are maybe US$ 59 on the high end to US$ 39 on the low end," Hirai stated.

"So, what I can say now is, I think it would be a bit of a stretch to think that we could suddenly turn around and say ‘PS3 games now US$ 99.99’."

"If it becomes a bit higher than US$ 59, don't ding me, but, again, I don't expect it to be US$ 100," he concluded.

He also goes to say that the games will be "as affordable as possible" (see: we're going to rape you).

So, am I now to believe that the PS3 games are going to be around $70? Maybe $85? Assuming I'm buying a PS3, can I afford an $85 game right after blowing $600 on the system? Sony, if I was there I'd slap you, get your shit together. I'm a Sony fanboy at times, I love my PS1/PS2, but this is silly.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home