idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Monday, September 11, 2006

PS3 EU commercial

It's interesting when the new PS3 commercials seem so much like the original PS2 iterations. As a coworker of mine Benny pointed out, replace the words "real time interaction" with "emotion" and you're left with the old commercials.

http://www.playsyde.com/stream_3001_en.html

Dubbed with the catch phrase "This is Living" Sony tries to convince the consumer that the PS3 will mimic reality more so than any of the other systems. Well, ignoring the fact that I'm an avid gamer, I will honestly say that gaming isn't living, it's taking a break from living. But maybe that's just me. Those 3 hours I wasted playing WoW yesterday? Yeah, I didn't paint a picture, didn't write a poem, didn't feed my dog, didn't touch my girlfriend. Those are all examples of "living" to me. Sitting down for a 40 man raid of a mythical Troll hideout is fantasy, and the world is passing by in the meantime.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home