idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

PS3 Euro release pushed to March 2007

Sony held a press conference and announced that their new console will not be hitting the shores of Europe until March 2007 in an attempt to recoup numbers available in Japan and the US.

This is because they have had to cut back their original estimate of 4 million systems by the end of 2006 to only 2 million. Ouch.

Likewise, at release (November 17 US, November 11 Japan) Sony will only be shipping 400,000 to the US and 100,000 to Japan, leaving 1.5 million units unaccounted for coming into the last 2 months of the year.

I don't know how this one's going to work out, but I think shortages mean money, so I may try and get my grubby little hands on one and sell it on Ebay for some ridiculous price just like that $1300 XBOX 360 I saw go during the first week of that system's launch.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home