idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Armored Core 4 to drop at $70

With the coming of the new Sony system, the internet has been simply buzzing with price rumors and such concerning the games.

AC4 information has been released, the game will ship for the PS3 on december 14th (in Japan) and sell for the beef noodle hardy price of 8190 Yen ($70 USD). This in stark contrast to the already released price of the new Sonic the Hedgehog game which is selling for only $60. Does this mean that the PS3 game prices will be fluctuating? Is $60 the budget game price and $70 the standard? Last time I checked there are very few games I'd spend that kind of money on. Hell, for $70 I could buy a Gamecube... or my groceries for the week.

Hopefully the $70 tag will not make US shores as I'm afraid it will, especially seeing as how Microsoft seems to have capped their games at the $60 level for "next gen". Also I'd like to take this moment to mention the fact that Nintendo Wii games will most likely not be selling for even $60, they are looking to hold true to the current gen pricing scheme.

Also, before you run out and blow your hard earned food money on AC4 ask yourself when was the last time that one of the games in the series was different? Don't get me wrong, I own ever AC except for that crappy budget Last Raven one, but come on, $70 for a reiteration of the game I played on my PS1? Maybe the gameplay will be updated, hell, I'd like it update at all, maybe a new HUD, better (and more fluid) controls. Anything. Please. Let my mecha gene rejoice again.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home