idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Australia says no to Reservoir Dogs

Thanks to Australia's Office of Film and Literature Classification, the new Atari game "Reservoir Dogs" (based on the cult classic Tarantino film) , will be banned from sale in the region. This most likely stemming from Atari's decision to not make an editted version for Australian release.

Australia is notoriously harsh on video game ratings, having banned games such as GTAIII and Manhunt.

I don't know, maybe I'm crazy, but wasn't Australia set up as a penal colony of England? It was like Escape from New York with Kurt Russel only they didn't have that bad ass Snake Plissken (yes Metal Gear stole his name).

Well, I'm just happy I don't live there I guess. I wonder if it's possible to dump the contents (see: right-wing jack-asses) of Oklahoma into Australia, they'd get along just fine.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home