idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"Cyrus" sues Take-Two

Roger Hill (Cyrus), the "star" of the old cult film "The Warriors" has brought up a lawsuit against Take-Two for using his voice and likeness in the new Warriors video game.

According to Hill, he was approached about allowing this, but he refused. Subsequently he was not solicited anymore and then up pops the game with his face and famous one-liner "Can you dig it!"

Hill, currently employed at a Manhattan business college library is suing for $250,000 plus a court order to prevent his likeness from being used again.

Wait, so this guy works in a library now? Wow, I though that cooky kid was going to make it big some day. Thanks to IMDB, I've managed to track down Hill's work after the Warriors which included (and was limitted to) both One Life to Live and Orson Welles' Magic Show.

So why would this guy not accept a big thick check from Take-Two? I don't get it. If I was living in a van down by the river I'd take any sort of cash inflow I could, and picturing Bad Ass Cyrus restocking book shelves just makes my head hurt.

You should have taken the money and run man, run!

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home