idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Otaku Idol sell out

For those that know, Shoko-tan is a very popular Japanese Idol, who is a raging otaku in her own right, having a flaring fetish for everything Dragon Quest.



She's always been cute and fun loving, truly an idol that the run of the mill otaku can relate to, more so than the average cookie cutter beauty with pounds and pounds of make-up.

Well conveniently enough in a new series of television ads, Shoko has been decked out in standard idol finery, aka loads of plasticizing make-up and clothing.

Every otaku in Japan is now screaming at the loss of one of their own. I'll help, I've always liked Shoko, most likely being that at my core I'm a dirty otaku myself.

In her defense however, when questioned how she was coping with this sudden change in appearance she said that in order to keep her staple frenetic excitement up to the rafters she pretended she was cosplaying as an adult.

Haha, aww that silly Shoko, she's still fantastic in my book.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home