idiosyncrasy Today

Scathing social commentary meets the gamer generation.

Friday, July 20, 2007

China slaps Teenagers with gaming limits

The Chinese government has spear-headed a new initiative to prevent teenagers from spending too much time playing online video games.

Yes, that's right.

The new laws and regulations took place last Monday, and now require Internet gaming companies to install a program that requires their users to input their ID card numbers. This will allow them to keep track of how long people have played, and people under the age of 18 will be prompted to stop playing after 3 hours and to "do suitable physical exercise".

Yep, China now requires players to input their Social Security Numbers to the gaming companies to ensure less online gaming. I like playing online games, but would I give Blizzard my SS? Hell no.

I often forget how structured China is. (see: verging on evil empire) I should have known things like this would be coming when I saw that China blocked access to internet searches, in favor of only allowing travel to governmental friendly sites.

\\drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home